All families can use support after the birth of a baby. We provide home-visit volunteers to families who need one, regardless of income.
Once a volunteer and family are matched, they discuss and agree on a schedule and what type of help is most needed. A volunteer will visit for 2 hours per week, for up to 12 weeks within an infant’s first year of life.
- Light meal preparation
- Cleaning, including dishes, laundry, vacuuming, etc.
- Holding the baby while you shower, nap, check email, etc.
- Playing with older siblings
- Grocery shopping or running other errands
- Meeting you outside home to watch the baby (e.g. during a dentist, doctor, or therapist appointment; at an older sibling’s school appointment, etc.)
- Providing information about community resources
- Offering support without judgement
Who qualifies for a Home-Visit Volunteer?
- Any family living in one of the 28 Hilltowns with a baby under the age of one year is eligible for a volunteer.
- There are no income requirements, though we do ask about household information for reporting purposes.
- We are honored to serve all families in our community, including single-parents, grandparents, fostering and adopting families, same-sex parents, and transgender parents, and do not discriminate on the basis of race, income, ethnicity, gender identity, sexual orientation, disability, or age.
How do I apply?
Please fill out our Family Application Form, and our Home-Visit Program director will contact you.
I want to be a volunteer!
We are always looking for dedicated people to serve the families in our community. If you are interested in being a home-visit volunteer, fill out an application HERE.