Join us for Giving Tuesday, a world-wide day of philanthropy!
The Village can be so many things: a neighbor bringing over food, a friend watching the kids for a few hours, donating used baby items so someone else doesn’t have to buy them, or supporting a friend without judgement. Even businesses can Be The Village, with family-friendly practices that try to accommodate the challenges faced by new parents.
Funds raised on Giving Tuesday will go towards supplies and rent at the Village Closet, childcare during Parent Groups, and recruiting and training volunteers for the Home Visit program.
- You can help fix the problem of isolation for new families by providing the space for parents group.
- Sometimes neighbors want to help but don’t know how; you can fix that problem by providing Resource Kits that include step-by-step guides for neighbors.
- So often we say “Just let me know how I can help,” which puts the burden of asking on the family; you can fix that problem by giving before the family even has to ask.
By supporting It Takes a Village, a YOU can #BeTheVillage.
When you give on Giving Tuesday, Tuesday, November 27, you could win some great prizes from these local, family-friendly Hilltown and Valley businesses. Just donate during the hours shown, and your name will be entered into a drawing to win!
A big thank you to our local business partners:
- The Eric Carle Museum of Picture Book Art
- Freckled Fox Cafe
- Radio Free Earth
- The Old Creamery Coop
- Shirley Todd Therapeutic Body Works
- Indigo Wellness and Health Center
- Ashfield Hardware and Supply
- Central Rock Gym
- PiNZ Entertainment
- The Ashfield Lake House
- GreenLove Eco Cleaning
- Bread Euphoria
Big news! An anonymous donor has pledged $500 if FIVE NEW Safety-Net Circle donors sign up!
Families count on their Village every day. Can they count on you every month? Join our “Safety-Net Circle” of monthly donors and you will make sure that the programs our families rely on can continue every month. You can make sure the rent at the Village Closet is paid every month. You can make sure that new volunteers can be trained every month.
Simply check “Donate Monthly”, and we’ll do the rest.
Celebrated on the Tuesday following Thanksgiving (in the U.S.) and the widely recognized shopping events Black Friday and Cyber Monday, Giving Tuesday kicks off the charitable season, when many focus on their holiday and end-of-year giving. Created by the team at the Belfer Center for Innovation & Social Impact at the 92nd Street Y—a cultural center in New York City that, since 1874, has been bringing people together around the values of service and giving back—Giving Tuesday connects diverse groups of individuals, communities and organizations around the world for one common purpose: to celebrate and encourage giving.
- You can make a donation to It Takes a Village between now and Tuesday, November 27. You can give online, in person at the Village Closet, or you can send a check to PO Box 146, Cummington, MA 01060. All gifts are tax-deductible.
- You can spread the word about The Village. Send this page to a friend or family member who believes in community support, or create a Facebook Fundraiser and encourage your friends to give to It Takes a Village.
- You can volunteer at the Village Closet, as a Home Visit Volunteer, or behind the scenes with marketing, administrative tasks, and everything that keeps the programs running. Fill out an application to be a volunteer today!
- You can #BeTheVillage for a new parent in your community. Show up with food, take the older kids to the park, or just tell the parent that they’re doing a good job.
Do I have to wait until November 27?
Absolutely not. You can give today by clicking here:
Thank you for being part of our Village!
More ways to #BeTheVillage
Parents rely on their Village every day; can they rely on you every month? Join our Safety-Net Circle of monthly donors, and families will know they can count on you every single month.
Simply click the button blow, click Donate, and check the “Donate Monthly” box.
If you shop on Amazon.com, simply type the URL smile.amazon.com, and follow the prompts to choose “Hilltown Village, Inc” as your charity of choice, then shop as usual. 0.5% of your purchase will go directly to It Takes a Village.
You can volunteer at The Village Closet or as Home Visit Volunteer. Go to our Volunteers page to learn more and to fill out an application.
Go to our Village Closet page for a list of frequently-donated items, such as clothing, strollers, and diapers.
We also take donations of coffee, tea, and snacks for our Parent Groups.
Feeling ambitious? Organize a diaper drive in your community, and bring them to the Village Closet.
You can even buy some diapers on Amazon and have them shipped directly to us (PO Box 146, Cummington, MA).