**Please note: Due to the Christmas and New Year’s Day holidays, the Village Closet will be CLOSED on Tuesday December 25 and Tuesday January 1.**
Location and Hours
2 Main Street ( just off Rt. 9)
Berkshire Trail Elementary School, Room 114
We are open:
– Tuesdays from 11:00am – 2:00pm
– the 1st and 3rd Saturdays of each month from 11:00am – 2:00pm
– one evening per month (check Facebook for each month’s date)
What we are
The Village Closet is our donation and distribution site for free baby items. Our space in the Berkshire Trail Elementary School is FULL of donated baby clothes, strollers, car-seats, carriers, cloth diapers, books, and anything else you can think of that a baby could need. We have seasonal items like winter coats and snowpants, bating suits and sun hats, and outfits for every holiday in between! All items are free to any member of the community (not just in the Hilltowns).
The Village Closet is also a United Way Diaper Bank location, and we gladly provide disposable diapers to families in need.
If you have questions, you can email us at email@example.com.
“Thank you for such an amazing resource!”
“I just want to express my gratitude over this program. It has already helped me so much, just in the one time that I was able to make it up there. And I think it’s wonderful what you guys do. Thank you so much for your help.”
- gently-used baby clothes and shoes (premie through kids’ size 10)
- baby carriers
- nursing and maternity clothes
- blankets and bedding
- breast and bottle feeding supplies (including unused breast pumps, clean breast pump accessories, and formula)
- cloth and disposable diapers
- car seats and booster seats (not-expired)
- “pack and plays”, cribs, and bassinets
- high chairs
- swings and baby seats
- books and toys (newborn through preschool age)
- and other baby furniture/equipment
We do NOT accept:
- foam mattresses
- baby food (please consider donating to the Goshen Food Pantry)
- stained or ripped clothing (we do not have the resources to launder donations)
- expired, recalled, or broken equipment (please check your car-seat’s expiration date before donating)
How you can help
If you are donating items, help us by:
- separating clothing by size and gender, and labeling the boxes or bags.
- cleaning the clothing before donating, and removing any ripped or stained items.*
- cleaning any furniture or gear as best you can.
- calling or emailing ahead if you have a BIG donation (lots of clothes, or a larger piece of furniture) – (413) 650-3640, or firstname.lastname@example.org
- staying and helping put your donations away. We’ll show you how!
We can always use help folding and organizing donations, as well a delivering items to families who cannot make it to the Village Closet. Please email email@example.com or call 413-650-3640 to find out how else you can help!
*Other donation sites will recycle ripped and stained clothing and textiles, such as Salvation Army, GoodWill, and the yellow PlanetAid donation bins.
Community of Supporters
We are grateful to the Town of Cummington for welcoming us into this space and we look forward to collaborating with our neighbors sharing the building including the Cummington Preschool, Cummington Family Center, and the Homeschool Cooperative (The HUB).