Other family services …
All families can use support after the birth of a baby. Any family in the Hilltowns with a baby under the age of 1 year can be matched with a Home Visit volunteer.
Once a volunteer and family are matched, the volunteer will visit for 2 hours per week, for up to 12 weeks. The family and the volunteer work out the schedule together and discuss what support is most helpful.
Volunteers can support you and your family even during the COVID-19 pandemic. You and your volunteer will work out a plan to keep everyone safe and healthy.
Support May Include:
- Helping with household tasks like dishes and laundry
- Caring for baby and other children while the parent rests or takes care of tasks
- Bringing over a meal or prepped ingredients
- Grocery shopping or running other errands
- Picking up items at the Village Closet
- Going for a walk or socializing outside
- Meeting you outside home to watch the baby (e.g. during a dentist, doctor, or therapist appointment; at an older sibling’s school appointment, etc.)
- Providing information about community resources
- Being a friendly face and connection to the outside world
All volunteers are carefully screened and trained, and have completed CORI and SORI background checks.
Home Visit volunteers are members of your community, not social workers or parenting educators. Volunteers follow strict guidelines of confidentiality, integrity, and inclusivity, and their number one job is to provide judgement-free support.
“I am not sure where she came from but Jeanne has started coming to our home and the timing could not be more perfect — she is amazing and helpful beyond any expectation. Thank you for our Jeanne in a bottle magical helper!!”
Who can request a Home-Visit Volunteer?
- Any family living in one of the following Hilltowns with a baby under the age of one year
- Franklin County: Ashfield, Buckland, Charlemont, Colrain, Conway, Hawley, Heath, Shelburne, Rowe
- Hampshire County: Cummington, Chesterfield, Goshen, Huntington, Middlefield, Plainfield, Southampton, Westhampton, Williamsburg, Worthington
- Berkshire County: Becket, Hinsdale, Otis, Peru, Savoy, Windsor, Washington
- Hampden County: Russell, Chester, Montgomery, Blandford
- There are no income requirements, though we do ask about household information for reporting purposes.
- We are honored to serve all families in our community, including single-parents, grandparents, fostering and adopting families, same-sex parents, and transgender parents, and do not discriminate on the basis of race, religion, income, ethnicity, gender identity, sexual orientation, disability, citizenship, or age.
How do I apply?
Please fill out our Family Application Form, and our Program Director will contact you.
I want to be a volunteer!
We are always looking for dedicated people to serve the families in our community. If you are interested in being a home-visit volunteer, fill out an application HERE.
Thank you to our generous sponsors who make the Home Visit Program run