Other Family Services …
The Village Closet is OPEN!
The Village Closet is now located at 2 East Main Street in Huntington, MA, inside the former St. Thomas Church, now knows as “Cissie’s House.”
We are thrilled to be able to see our wonderful families in person again!
Remember, everything at the Village Closet is FREE to EVERYONE, no matter your income or where you live.
Visit the Village Closet
Sunday, Monday, and Wednesdays 11am-2pm *or by appointment
2 East Main Street, Huntington, MA
We invite you to come in and “shop” at the Village Closet. We limit the number of families in the building at a time, so please be patient if it is busy when you arrive.
- All visitors, including children over the age of 2 years old, are required to wear a face mask. We have hand-sanitizer at the door and throughout the Village Closet.
- If you or a family member have a fever or flu-like symptoms, or if you have exposed to someone with COVID-19 symptoms, please wait until you are symptom-free before visiting.
What is the Village Closet?
The Village Closet is a donation center full of FREE maternity, baby, and kids clothing, diapers, and supplies. We believe there are enough baby things out there for everyone, and that every parent deserves the chance to choose clothing and supplies just right for their baby.
Who can "shop" here?
Anyone! It doesn’t matter where you live or your income level. Some families visit the Village Closet to save money on baby gear, while others want to reuse clothes and supplies to reduce their impact on the environment. For families without transportation, we may also be able to deliver your items to you.
“I just want to express my gratitude over this program. It has already helped me so much, just in the one time that I was able to make it up there. And I think it’s wonderful what you guys do. Thank you so much for your help.”
Can I donate baby items?
We gratefully accept new and gently-used maternity, infant, and children’s clothing and supplies.
Please email email@example.com or call 413-650-3640 to schedule a drop-off time.
PLEASE DO NOT LEAVE DONATIONS OUTSIDE THE VILLAGE CLOSET.
Please see the list below for certain restrictions:
- Baby and kids clothing and shoes
- Sizes Preemie through Juniors 10
- New or gently-used
- Clean, no stains, no rips or tears*
- Maternity and nursing clothing
- Diapers (cloth and disposable) and Wipes, diapering accessories.
- Open packages of disposable diapers are fine
- Feeding supplies
- Unopened Breast/Chest Pumps, clean pump accessories
- Infant Formula and unopened shelf-stable baby food
- Bottles, cups, toddler utensils
- Infant car seats, convertible car seats, and booster seats
- Cribs, “Pack n Plays”, bassinets, co-sleepers
- High Chairs
- Blankets and bedding
- Swings and baby seats
- Books and toys (newborn through preschool age)
- School supplies for preschool through elementary school, such as notebooks, pencils and pens, markers, crayons, binders, calculators, etc.
- and other baby furniture, equipment, and supplies that are clean, in good condition, and not recalled or expired.
How else can I help?
If you are donating items, help us by:
- separating clothing by size, season, and style (i.e. items originally marketed to “boys,” gender neutral/non-binary, everything pink and frilly), and labeling the boxes or bags.
- cleaning the clothing before donating, and removing any ripped or stained items.*
- cleaning any furniture or gear as best you can (car-wash detergent is GREAT for high chairs!)
- Volunteering! We always need extra hands to fold and put away. Check out our volunteer calendar and choose a time that works for you!
- Delivering to families in need! If you can drop off items to families without transportation, fill out an application here (we will provide you with a safety-kit including masks, gloves, and hand sanitizer)
*Other donation sites will recycle ripped and stained clothing and textiles, such as Salvation Army, GoodWill, and the yellow PlanetAid donation bins.