It Takes a Village Events
Ongoing Groups and Classes
It Takes a Village hosts several drop-in groups for parents and caregivers. Click here for information about all of our groups.
“The Beginning of Life” Film Screening
A free screening of this groundbreaking documentary that explores the impact of a child’s early environment on their cognitive, social and emotional development. Sponsored by the Berkshire Taconic Community Foundation, the Collaborative for Educational Services, and Northampton Public Television.
Refreshments and childcare provided.
Saturday February 17
2 Main Street, Cummington
A class for babies ages 1-8 months and their parents and caregivers, with Lenore Grubinger, RSMT, Director of Amajoy Developmental Center
A welcoming class on Natural Movement Development™ for every baby. Learn foundations of wellness beneficial for your baby, whether their development is typical or atypical. Parents and babies learn simple body-based tools to address their concerns. How can I help if my baby has difficulty breastfeeding or bottle-feeding? How can I help if Baby has painful digestion or reflux, or sleep difficulty? Is TummyTime important? What can I try if my baby doesn’t like it? How and when do rolling sitting and crawling happen? This class provides practical body-based tools, and it’s fun, supportive, and inspiring.
Please bring a swaddle blanket and a tummy time blanket.
Ms. Grubinger’s book, On The Way To Walking, The Essential Guide To Natural Movement Development™, available at a discount at class.
***The class is free, but space is limited, so please pre-register by emailing Kat@HilltownVillage.org.
Wednesdays February 28, March 7, & March 14
St. John’s Corner House
469 Main Street, Ashfield
In the News
- “Family support agency hosting open house”, Berkshire Eagle, September 2017
- “United Way Diaper Drive PSA”, Hits 94.3, June 2017
- “Nonprofit seeks backpack donations for foster kids”, from The Daily Hampshire Gazette, June 2017
- “Backpack Drive PSA”, Hits 94.3, June 2017
- “United Way grants awarded”, The Daily Hampshire Gazette, June 2017
- “Women’s Fellowship Follow-Up – It Takes a Village”, from the Westhampton town Newsletter, November 2016
- “Agency offers free support to moms”, Springfield Republics, November 2016
- “It Takes a Village: More than a Proverb in the Hilltowns of Western Massachusetts”, from Vida Leche Amour, October 2016
- “Village Closet offers free items to young families”, from The Country Journal, October 2016
November 2017 – A Success Story
- April 2017 – The Village Closet Runs on … Keurig?
- January 2017 – Meet our Board of Directors
- November 2016 – Hilltown Charity Brings Holiday Cheer
- September 2016 – New Hours, New Groups, New Team Members
Free Public Events
Know of a free event happening in the Hilltowns for families with children ages 0 to 5 years of age? To add it to our calendar, email us at email@example.com.
Subscribe to our calendar for more Hilltown Events.