Groups and Events
Our Winter 2019 group schedule is up at our Parents Group Page.
Scared of the Dark – Helping kids manage the monsters under the bed
Saturday, February 2
The Village Closet
2 Main Street, Cummington, MA
Join us Saturday, February 2nd from 11:30am—1:00pm for a free workshop with child psychologist Dr. Edward Plimpton, a child clinical psychologist specializing the treatment of OCD and other anxiety disorders in children.
– From ghosts in the closet to lockdown drills, learn practical skills to help with your child’s fears.
– How to talk to kids about upsetting current events or violence on the news.
– How to express your own fears and anxieties without frightening your children.
Bring questions about your own children’s specific anxieties
Free childcare will be provided in a separate room. (Please RSVP to the Facebook event and mention that you will use the childcare, so we can make sure to have enough care providers).
Please email email@example.com or call (413)650-3640 for more information.
In the News
- “Expert to lead workshop on electronic use among youth,” from the Daily Hampshire Gazette, September 8, 2018
- “Opinion: Helping Hands,” from the Daily Hampshire Gazette, September 3, 2018
- “It Takes a Village” from The Daily Hampshire Gazette, August 26, 2018
- “It Takes a Village, Village Closet,” from iBerkshires.com, July 2, 2018
- “Village Closet hits $100K mark in donations,” from the Daily Hampshire Gazette, June 23, 2018.
- “It Takes a Village”, from The Berkshire Eagle, June 19, 2018
- Valley Gives PSA, New England Public Radio, May 2018
- LGBTQIA+ Families, Mass Appeal WWLP, May 2018
- “It Takes a Village rolls out film series, new groups”, from The Daily Hampshire Gazette, February 12, 2018
- “Family support agency hosting open house”, Berkshire Eagle, September 2017
- “United Way Diaper Drive PSA”, Hits 94.3, June 2017
- “Nonprofit seeks backpack donations for foster kids”, from The Daily Hampshire Gazette, June 2017
- “Backpack Drive PSA”, Hits 94.3, June 2017
- “United Way grants awarded”, The Daily Hampshire Gazette, June 2017
- “Women’s Fellowship Follow-Up – It Takes a Village”, from the Westhampton town Newsletter, November 2016
- “Agency offers free support to moms”, Springfield Republics, November 2016
- “It Takes a Village: More than a Proverb in the Hilltowns of Western Massachusetts”, from Vida Leche Amour, October 2016
- “Village Closet offers free items to young families”, from The Country Journal, October 2016
November 2017 – A Success Story