Coming up this month:
"Is it my business?" A community response to Domestic Violence?
Sunday, June 2
(registration begins at 12:30pm)
41 Russell Street, Hadley, MA
What do you do if you think your neighbor is experiencing domestic violence? Do you intervene? Do you ignore it?
This workshop is for neighbors, friends, family, business owners, doulas, care providers, churches, volunteers, and other service providers – everyone in the community should know what to do to prevent violence in our community.
Safe Passage, a local nonprofit organization that supports survivors of domestic violence, will lead a discussion on the responsibilities of neighbors, co-workers, and local leaders in stopping abuse. They will teach us Trauma-Informed strategies that we can all use in our work and in our everyday lives.
Following this discussion, the groups will divide and focus more deeply on strategies for different groups in the community. One group will discuss the It Takes a Village Home Visit Program and how volunteers and other in-home support can identify and respond to domestic violence. The other group will discuss how lay people, business leaders, and other care-providers can use their skills to build systems to keep families safe.
This workshop is free and open to the public. In lieu of a registration fee, we will be collecting disposable diapers and wipes for The Village Closet donation site.
Refreshments and free childcare will be provided. Please RSVP here to reserve your child’s spot.
Please email firstname.lastname@example.org or call (413)650-3640 for more information. You can RSVP to the Facebook Event here to get reminders and to invite your friends, family, and colleagues to join you.
Want to spread the word in your neighborhood? Download the flyer!
In the News
- “Local organization helps new parents find their ‘Village’,” Mass Appeal WWLP, February 2018
- “Expert to lead workshop on electronic use among youth,” from the Daily Hampshire Gazette, September 8, 2018
- “Opinion: Helping Hands,” from the Daily Hampshire Gazette, September 3, 2018
- “It Takes a Village” from The Daily Hampshire Gazette, August 26, 2018
- “It Takes a Village, Village Closet,” from iBerkshires.com, July 2, 2018
- “Village Closet hits $100K mark in donations,” from the Daily Hampshire Gazette, June 23, 2018.
- “It Takes a Village”, from The Berkshire Eagle, June 19, 2018
- Valley Gives PSA, New England Public Radio, May 2018
- LGBTQIA+ Families, Mass Appeal WWLP, May 2018
- “It Takes a Village rolls out film series, new groups”, from The Daily Hampshire Gazette, February 12, 2018
- “Family support agency hosting open house”, Berkshire Eagle, September 2017
- “United Way Diaper Drive PSA”, Hits 94.3, June 2017
- “Nonprofit seeks backpack donations for foster kids”, from The Daily Hampshire Gazette, June 2017
- “Backpack Drive PSA”, Hits 94.3, June 2017
- “United Way grants awarded”, The Daily Hampshire Gazette, June 2017
- “Women’s Fellowship Follow-Up – It Takes a Village”, from the Westhampton town Newsletter, November 2016
- “Agency offers free support to moms”, Springfield Republics, November 2016
- “It Takes a Village: More than a Proverb in the Hilltowns of Western Massachusetts”, from Vida Leche Amour, October 2016
- “Village Closet offers free items to young families”, from The Country Journal, October 2016
Families never pay for any It Takes a VIllage service.
Help support them by becoming a member of the Village today.