The Village Closet is our donation site for gently used baby items. Our space in the Berkshire Trail Elementary School is FULL of donated baby clothes, strollers, car-seats, carriers, cloth diapers, books, and anything else you can think of that a baby could need. We have seasonal items like winter coats and snowpants, bating suits and sun hats, and outfits for every holiday in between! All items are free to any member of the community (not just in the Hilltowns).
The Village Closet is also a United Way Diaper Bank location, and we gladly provide disposable diapers to families in need.
“I always find something great here!” — Nykky
Location and Hours
2 Main Street ( just off Rt. 9)
Berkshire Trail Elementary School, Room 114
We are open Tuesdays from 11:00am – 2:00pm and the 1st and 3rd Saturdays of each month from 11:00am – 2:00pm. Please check our calendar for open Saturdays.
If you cannot come when we are open, please email email@example.com or call 413-650-3640 to schedule an alternate time to visit, or to request a delivery of specific items.
We are grateful to the Town of Cummington for welcoming us into this space and we look forward to collaborating with our neighbors sharing the building including the Cummington Preschool, Cummington Family Center, and the homeschool cooperative (The HUB).
We gladly accept donations during our open hours. If you cannot come when we are open, please email firstname.lastname@example.org or call 413-650-3640 to schedule a pickup from one of our volunteers.
- gently-used baby clothes and shoes (premie through kids’ size 8)
- baby carriers
- nursing and maternity clothes
- blankets and bedding
- breast and bottle feeding supplies (including unused breast pumps, clean breast pump accessories, and formula)
- cloth and disposable diapers
- car seats and booster seats
- “pack and plays”, cribs, and bassinets
- high chairs
- swings and baby seats
- books and toys (newborn through preschool age)
- and other baby furniture/equipment
We do NOT accept:
- foam mattresses
- baby food (please consider donating to the Goshen Food Pantry)
- stained or ripped clothing (we do not have the resources to launder donations)
- expired, recalled, or broken equipment (please check your car-seat’s expiration date before donating)
For the benefit of our volunteers and staff, please clean and organize clothing donations by age/size and type (onesies, bibs, pants, etc) before donating, and clean any furniture or equipment as best you can. You are also welcome to stay and help put away donations when you bring them in!
Want to Volunteer at the Village Closet?
We can always use help folding and organizing donations, as well a delivering items to families who cannot make it to the Village Closet. Please email email@example.com or call 413-650-3640 to find out how you can help!