All families can use support after the birth of a baby. We provide home-visit volunteers to families who need one, regardless of income.
Once a volunteer and family are matched, they discuss and agree upon a visitation schedule and what type of help is most needed. A volunteer will visit for 2 hours per week, for up to 12 weeks within an infant’s first year of life.
- Light meal preparation
- Cleaning, including dishes, laundry, vacuuming, etc.
- Holding the baby while you shower, nap, check email, etc.
- Playing with older siblings
- Grocery shopping or running other errands
- Meeting you outside home to watch the baby (e.g. during a dentist, doctor, or therapist appointment; at an older sibling’s school appointment, etc.)
- Providing information about community resources
- Offering support without judgement
Any family in one of the 28 Hilltowns with a baby under the age of one year is eligible for a volunteer. There are no income requirements, though we do ask about household information for reporting purposes.
Our home visit volunteers are here to help!
Please fill out our Family Application Form if you are interested in receiving a home visit from one of our friendly volunteers.